Translate

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Rowing the same boat!

Rowing the same boat!


For years now, my only contact with parents and patients who are going through the same dilemma has been over the phone or on the Internet.


Yesterday, and for the first time, my husband and I took our courage in our hands and proceeded physically to our initial family to family meeting. When we entered the room, I saw the identical look on most parents' faces, drained, sad and exhausted, all of us were rowing the same boat, all of us were looking and searching for answers.

I felt compelled to reach out and help them as I had the equivalent perception coming toward me. I was immediately embraced and befriended without making any efforts. We talked for hours about our loved ones, comparing strategies and therapies, Oh it was so good and real... 

We decided that in case of actual crisis we will help by taking turns

 being there physically and pitching in, no questions asked. 

We didn't feel we were encumbering anyone with our accounts. As a result, we felt a deep connection and invited few couples over to our home. We came into this meeting as strangers, nervous and apprehensive, and we left with a lighter heart and Many new friends who come from every walk of life. I am blessed and empowered. We now have allies, and we are rowing one same boat.


No comments:

Post a Comment