Translate

Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy New Year!

I wish you a Happy New year!
As the year 2014 winds down, and the dawn of 2015 shows its rays, I wish you all the best.
This year has been challenging, ups and downs as we all  witness in our journey. I will dedicate this year to share how I have grown since I have been living with my son who suffers from a mental illness. I would also would like to dedicate this year to whomever thinks that I have to deal with a difficult deck of cards!
I have learned patience, for I have always been impatient, wanting things to happen yesterday. I have learned to be a nurturer beyond nurturing, and my son is my teacher. I take his falls and his progress as they come, and I act accordingly. I learned courage, for I have seen dark days but stood tall and faced them with courage. I learned to stop complaining because it doesn't improve or shorten the suffering . I am grateful that I learned to be proactive instead of lengthening the time to face and dissipate the issues at hand. I have also learned to compartmentalize, working and taking care of my son are now two separate entities and one doesn't stand in the way of the other.
I have learned to grab a positive day with my son and make the best of it, enjoying the little pleasures of laughing and spending quality time with him, which fuels my courage when we have to go through another challenging day.
I have learned : researching and discovering new outlooks on my son's illness. Papers and books on this illness furnish my desk, and  are pinned on my walls. 
I have grown this year, mentally and spiritually. I still enjoy material things! Nothing like a beautiful scarf or a great smelling perfume to lift my spirit, but now, I savor more  the little pleasures that life gifts me and I am thankful for  every precious moment.
Happy 2015, please enjoy every moment you've been gifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment